Hair is made up of several parts:
- The cuticle is the outer layer which protects the hair shaft. It is coated with sebum, which gives the hair its shine. The cuticle is made of scale like cells that resemble the shingles on a roof.
- The cortex gives hair its strength, elasticity, and texture.
- The hair follicle is the part of the skin that grows the hair.
- Sebaceous glands produce the sebum that coats the cuticle.
- Melanin is the pigment in the cortex which gives hair its color.
How Hair Grows:
- Most people have about 100,000 hairs on their head. Normal growth is about one quarter to one half inch per month. Actually hair that grows one half inch per month is considered fast growing. Every hair on your head will go through three phases: growing, resting, and shedding.
- The growing phase can last from 3 to 7 years.
- The resting phase lasts about 2 to 4 weeks.
- The shedding phase can last from 3 to 4 months. This shedding is the natural process that replaces old hairs with new hairs. It is normal to lose about 50 to 80 hairs per day.
- If you have ever wondered why your hair will grow to a certain length then stop, it is because of your growing phase. Your growing phase (or anagen) is a certain length of time. This is something that we are born with, so there isn't much that changes it. A person with a very long growing phase will grow longer hair than a person with a shorter growing phase. Therefore, the anagen phase actually determines the maximum length your hair will grow. MSM is a naturally occurring sulfur believed to naturally extend the hair growth phase.
- Hair vitamins can be used to promote healthy hair growth, but it will not repair any damage done to your hair, or prevent further damage. You must use treatments and other hair care products to keep your hair from breaking. HairFinity vitamins are formulated with essential nutrients for healthy hair. Our vitamins nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT.
In order to achieve the longest hair possible you need to do the following:
- Stop Hair Breakage - by following the hair care techniques in Secrets for Faster Hair Growth, you can minimize your hair breakage and allow you hair to reach it maximum length.
- 2. Nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT- Using Hair Vitamins formulated with essential nutrients to promote healthy hair growth will help your hair grow longer, stronger, thicker, and faster.
- 3. Address Any Other Problems that May Limit Growth- Using specific types of products as part of a hair care regimen can help reduce breakage and increase your hair length. Get your FREE Customized Hair Care Regimen.